Youíve never seen a quarterback safety system like the one Lexus has devised. Thatís because itís not real, of course. But the video Lexus put together demo-ing its idea of one is pretty entertaining.
The video shows off Lexusí so-called QBSS+ (Quarterback Safety System+) technology designed to protect the quarterback from harm.
Heisman Trophy winner and former quarterback Matt Leinart even plays along. The video demonstrates a suite of innovations designed to make quarterbacks finally, literally untouchable.
- Blind Side Monitor: Lets quarterbacks know the exact moment they need to fall into a fetal position to avoid a tackle.
- 360 Pocket Protection Camera: Gives quarterbacks a bird's-eye view of the pocket and more time to move outside the tackle box to find the optimal safe position to throw the ball away.
- Boo Dampening: Blocks boos and converts criticism into positive reinforcement to protect the quarterback's vulnerable ego.
- Scramble Maps: Guides the quarterback along the safest route to an open patch of grass where they can harmlessly slide to end the play.
- QB Cocoon: Patented radar-enabled, seven-airbag cocoon creates a bubble of safety, allowing the quarterback to fall to the ground with a pillowy soft landing.
- UX QB Escort: The safest way from the huddle to the sideline comes standard with the Lexus Safety System+ 2.0.
Take a look at the video, itís pretty funny:
Of course, this ties in to a Lexus vehicle promotion. The brand is using the spoof to promote its new UX compact SUV. Lexus says the UX, has one of the most comprehensive safety systems ever offered in a Lexus. Tech includes low-light pedestrian detection and daytime bicyclist detection technology as well as built-in cameras that help provide road sign information. Unlike the video, all that technology is real.
A version of the ad will during the Pro Bowl January 27.